Want to Run Leadville? Win LT100 Entry & Accommodations!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Congrats to reader Nick Seymour for winning this prize package
Scott Boulbol atop Hope Pass, the 12,600-foot high point of the Leadville Trail 100, during the 2000 race. Read his story here. Photo: Scott Boulbol Collection.
Lamenting the fact that the Leadville Trail 100 is sold out this year? We are happy to announce that Herbalife is offering one Trail Runner reader entry into the 100-miler on August 16-17, 2014, as well as a four-night stay at Herbalife Base Camp in Leadville, several meals in town and, if needed, transport to/from the airport.
To be entered in our random drawing, just comment on this article by Wednesday, May 21, and tell us why you want to run the Leadville Trail 100 this year. Please note: This contest has already passed. Reader Nick Seymour was randomly chosen to win entry into this year’s Leadville Trail 100. (We’d originally selected another reader who was unable to accept the prize package, so on June 5, we randomly selected Nick Seymour as the new winner.) Thank you to all who took the time to comment!
Want to do some Leadville reading? Check out our archive of LT100-related content, beginning with a story from one of the earliest issues of Trail Runner, back in 2001:
- Leadville or Bust: A runner’s third attempt at tackling the venerable Leadville Trail 100, by Scott Boulbol (Aug/Sept 2001 issue)
- Race Across the Sky: A first 100-miler attempt, by Elinor Fish (November 2010 issue)
- Saving Leadville: The growing pains of Colorado’s legendary “Race Across the Sky,” by Yitka Winn (January 2014 issue)
- LT100 Training Tips from the Leadville Podium
- Q&A with 2013 Leadville Champs Ian Sharman and Ashley Arnold
- True Grit: An in-depth profile of Leadville Trail 100 founder Ken Chlouber, by Garett Graubins (June 2014 issue / Not available online yet; on newsstands now!)