Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The sixth day in our week of shoe review previews and giveaways—the Salomon S-Lab Fellcross 3
This week, we’re offering a sneak peek at several shoes we’ll be reviewing in full in our fall spring shoe review (October issue, available on newsstands Sept. 11.) Each day, we’ll feature one shoe and offer a free pair to one randomly selected winner.
To be entered in today’s giveaway for a pair of Salomon S-Lab Fellcross 3 shoes, just leave a comment on this page by midnight tonight (Saturday). Winner will be selected, notified and announced on trailrunnermag.com next week.
Note: As per manufacturers’ limitations, shoes can only be shipped to U.S. or Canadian addresses.
Salomon S-Lab Fellcross 3
- 9.2 oz
- 4mm heel-to-toe drop
- Available September 2014
With monster teeth on the outsole, the Salomon S-Lab Fellcross 3 is designed for the muckiest trails you can throw at it. What’s most miraculous about the Fellcross 3, as many of our testers raved about, is its exceptional light weight, given the level of burly protection it offers–both in the laterally supportive uppers (sturdy on steep climbs or descents and aggressive turns) and the cleat-like lugs. Salomon’s signature quick-lace system allows for easy on/off.
- Fell running, cross-country or obstacle races
- Wet, muddy or snowy terrain
- Steep climbs or descents
- Short to mid-distance (5K to half-marathon) races
How It Fits:
- Snug, glove-like fit
- True to size, but slightly narrow through the midfoot
- “This shoe is a trail monster! They are not for your road runner or paved trail walkers.My kids call them ‘Mom’s cleats.’ Despite the substantial tread, this shoe is pretty light and not clunky at all. The grip is totally worth it on steep dirt inclines or declines. I am so much faster when I am sure footed on the trails.”
–Sarah von Harz