Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Official Rules: Iceland Dream Trip
The “Iceland Dream Trip” starts on March 1st, 2013 and ends on April 30th, 2013. The contest is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the contest, performed services for the sponsor, or its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the contest or win the prize.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.trailrunnermag.com during the Promotion Period, answer the contest question and completely fill out all the required fields on the entry form. Then submit, as instructed, your entry form. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:00PM MST April 30th, 2013. Limit one (1) Entry per person per e-mail address throughout the Promotion Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. CONTEST DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: The Sponsor will randomly select a winner from among all eligible entries received by April 30th, 2013. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail, using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about May 1st, 2013. The Sponsor will then, if required, send to potential winner(s) by e-mail, at the e-mail on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that the Sponsor requires (the “Affidavit”). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner(s) may need to sign, have notarized, and return to the Sponsor the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date the Sponsor sent the Affidavit. Any guest (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) shall sign, have notarized and return to the Sponsor a Liability Release, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that the Sponsor requires within fourteen (14) days after receipt by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the contest or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the contest and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of the sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the contest, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: One (1) GRAND PRIZE Winner will receive:
- Economy class round-trip air on Icelandair for two (2) persons from these Icelandair gateways only: New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Dulles International Airport (IAD), Seattle (SEA), Minneapolis (MSP), Orlando (SFB), and Denver (DEN) in the United States to Reykjavik’s International Airport (KEF) in Iceland.(1) Round-trip coach air transportation for winner and one guest from the winner’s home to New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Dulles International Airport (IAD), Seattle (SEA), Minneapolis (MSP), Orlando (SFB), and Denver (DEN) to Reykjavik’s International Airport (KEF) in Iceland.
- Three (3) nights accommodation in Reykjavik, Iceland at Hotel Nordica based on double occupancy, with Scandinavian buffet breakfast daily, except on arrival date.
- Two (2) “72 Hours Reykjavík Welcome Cards”, providing free access to City of Reykjavik owned world famous thermal pools, museums and public transportation, plus various retail discounts.
- Round trip bus transfer from the airport to hotel in Reykjavik, Iceland.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is US $4,000 and actual value may vary. Trip must commence within one year from the date of the prize letter. Travel not permitted between May 15, 2013 through July 5, 2013 and July 21, 2013 through September 5, 2013. Travel is subject to air seat(s) and hotel availability. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All other expenses including but not limited to meals, additional accommodations, travel insurance, incidental expenses, tips, transfers, taxes and any other expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the prize winners. Winner is responsible for obtaining and paying for visas, shots, passports or other documents if required. No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. A designated Icelandair contact will be responsible for booking travel arrangements and selection of vendors. Winner must book with Icelandair Holidays at least 30 days prior to departure. If winner is unable to travel in accordance with Icelandair’s specifications, the prize will be forfeited. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable
Travel period must be within one-year from the date of prize letter. Travel not permitted between May 15, 2013 through July 5, 2013 and July 21, 2013 through September 5, 2013.
Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners’ affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: The Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, or with any Web sites promoting the contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the contest promotion, including the entire contest promotion, and/or modify the contest and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at www.trailrunnermag.com.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, contest sponsors, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, and their respective employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. The Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, contest sponsors, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, and their respective employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates.
9. LIST OF WINNER(S); FUTURE CONTESTS: A winners’ list will be posted on the Web Site on or about May 1st, 2013.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is Trail Runner, 2567 Dolores Way, Carbondale, CO 81623.