Top 10 Most Read Training Articles in 2022
We’ve done the math. Crunched the numbers. Here are the ten most popular Trail Runner articles on training we published in 2022.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Eight Takeaways From Kilian Jornet’s 2022 Training Data
By David Roche
Kilian Jornet, aka the Greatest Of All Time, just published a summary of his training data and practices for all of 2022. His post is destined to be a legendary guide to thinking about training theory and what it takes to have the best season ever. Let’s break it down.
2. “Capacity Training” Is The Key to Long-Term Running Endurance
By Jason Fitzgerald
To build endurance is to build “capacity.” But what does this look like? Our expert strength running coach Jason Fitzgerald explains.
3. 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before My First Ultra
By Zoë Rom
From fueling to having fun, here are 5 lessons our editor learned the hard way.
4. The Rule of 10: A Simple Training Tip That Will Change Your Running
By Nicholas Triolo
This one trick can get you out the door and into a routine of consistency and health, whatever life brings.
5. 8 Training Takeaways From Courtney Dauwalter, Ultra Legend
By: David Roche
Courtney Dauwalter has been stunningly dominant across the world’s most competitive ultramarathons. How does she do it? Let’s explore her training methods – with some mystery to keep it interesting.
6. Tips From Lifelong Trail Runners on Longevity
By: Ben Pryor
Advice from aging athletes on motivation, training, and what it takes to stay in the game.
7. Elite Runners and Coaches Bust Six Major Training Myths
By Zoë Rom
High mileage? Giving 110%? Skipping speedwork? Elite athletes weigh in on the worst trail running advice out there.
8. This 8-Week Strength Program Is Designed To Help You Run Injury-Free
By: Reagan Colyer
Integrating strength work into your training can be confusing. Here’s an 8-week, full-body program that removes all the guesswork.
9. 5 Reasons You Keep Getting Injured
By: Jason Fitzgerald
Our strength running coach Jason Fitzgerald reminds us that, if we are constantly battling injuries, these five training errors could be part of the problem.
10. The Trail Runner’s Guide to Stage Racing
By: Nicholas Triolo
Stage races are growing in popularity around the world. Here’s a comprehensive primer to prepare for your first (or fifth) stage race. It might be the most fun you’ll ever have.