Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
A post-run treat with a powerful dose of recovery-enhancing anti-inflammatories
Courtesy of Vega.
This recipe originally appeared on MyVega.com, and is reproduced here with Vega’s permission.
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¾ to 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond, hemp, rice or coconut)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups chopped mango, frozen or fresh
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease a muffin tin or line with muffin-tin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, turmeric and ginger. Once combined, push flour to the sides of the bowl, creating a well in the center.
3. In another bowl, mix together lemon zest and juice, sugar, non-dairy milk, olive oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the well in the flour-mixture bowl. Gently fold the dry in ingredients into the wet. Fold only until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Fold in mango, until just combined.
6. Fill muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.