Winter Essentials for Trail Runners
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Snow traction, cozy tops and other cold-weather gear to get you out the door this season
Pearl Izumi Fly Softshell Run Hoody
Come winter, for those who live in colder climes, motivation to get out the door can sink right alongside the mercury. It can be hard to maintain good spirits when the trails are coated in the white stuff, the air is frosty and the daylight hours are shorter than ever.
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up several items you might consider treating yourself (or a friend or loved one) to this season to keep your trail stoke high through the winter.
- PEP Shevlin/Merino Wool Shirt
- Pearl Izumi Fly Softshell Run Hoody (pictured above)
Don’t slip on the snow:
- Skechers GoRun Ultra Extreme Shoe
- Kahtoola NANOspikes Traction
- Atlas Run Snowshoe
- Hillsound FreeSteps6 Crampon
Stocking stuffers for trail runners:
- Run Pretty Far Mountains Are Calling Gaiters
- Orange Mud Challenge Headband
- Polar Buff
- Mio Link Heart Rate Wristband
- Secur Sun Power Bank 4000
And who doesn’t want another pair of all-season trail shoes?