HOKA Athletes Head to TR Photo CampElite trail runners Jason Schlarb and Jennifer Benna bound for Colorado's backcountry next week
We're excited to announce that HOKA athletes Jason Schlarb and Jennifer Benna will attend Trail Runner Photo Camp (sponsored by HOKA and Smartwool) next week, ready to run the beautiful backcountry trails on Colorado's Western Slope, while photographers—ranging from amateur to pro—will shoot them in the field and receive expert instruction from our accomplished photo-camp instructors. (We still have a couple slots free; this week is the last week to sign up!)
Keep an eye out for coverage and photo galleries from the camp, both online here at trailrunnermag.com and in our December 2013 print edition!
Professional mountain runner, outdoorsman, husband and father, Schlarb currently lives in Missoula, Montana, and runs for HOKA ONE ONE, Vitargo Gener8, Flora Health, Injinji and Ultimate Direction.
Schlarb's running background includes being a Division I runner at Montana State, followed by road and cross-country running for the All Air Force Team. He has been competing in mountain trail races for the pst three years.
- 2013 Pocatello 50K, 1st place and course record
- 2013 Speedgoat 50K, 3rd place and 5th All-Time Fastest
- 2012 San Juan Solstice 50 Mile, 1st place
- 2012 Jemez 50K, 1st place and course record
- Set Course Record & 2011 U.S. Trail 50 Mile National Champion
Twitter & Instagram: @jasonschlarb
Photo courtesy of Jen Benna
Jen Benna, a 33-year-old elite ultramarathoner, is mom to two-year-old Eva LaRue, wife to filmmaker JB Benna (of Unbreakable) and a full-time sales executive for a biotech pharmaceutical company—leaving very little time for sleep! Currently living in the Reno-Tahoe area at the base of the beautiful Mount Rose Wilderness, Benna has been running ultramarathons for nearly a decade, with over 40 ultras under her belt.
In 2007, Benna's ultra career moved to the competitive Bay Area and with some guidance from coach Scott Jurek, Benna decided it was time to step it up, notching podium finishes at almost every ultra she has run in the past four years. Benna runs professionally for HOKA ONE ONE, GU Energy Labs, Drymax Socks, Princeton Tec and Vespa Fuel.
- 2013 Bandera 50K Champion
- 2013 Zion 100-Mile Champion and women's course record
- 2013 Tahoe Rim Trail 50K, 2nd place
- Podium finishes at The North Face Beijing 100K, Cascade Crest 100, Tahoe Rim 100 and the Pine to Palm 100
- 2012 Oregon Trail Ultra Series Champion