Information for Race Directors
Registration for the 2018 Winter Warrior Series – DEADLINE Oct. 6, 2017
A limited number of trail races can participate in the Trail Runner Winter Warrior Series, so the sooner you act, the better chance your event has of being accepted.
To be included in the 2018 Winter Warrior Series, your race must be listed in the Trail Runner online directory. Click here to submit race information: 2017 Race Directory signup.
Please note that registering your race for the Trail Runner race calendar (which you can do any time in the year) is not the same as registering for the Winter Warrior Series. All Winter Warrior Series races must be between December 1, 2017, and February 28, 2018.
Review the 2017 agreement and submit your race information by Oct. 6, 2017, to have your race listed in the December issue as a Warrior Series race: https://www.trailrunnermag.com/2018-trail-runner-winter-warrior-series.
Make sure to include YOUR NAME in the form. Your Winter Warrior Series participation will not be recognized unless you submit the form and include your email address. Forms can also be printed out and faxed to (970) 963-4965.
YOU MUST SIGN UP THROUGH THIS AGREEMENT TO BE PART OF THE 2018 WINTER WARRIOR SERIES EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INDICATED AN INTEREST.
- Special discount magazine subscription rate to put on your website for Winter Warrior Series sign-ups.
- FREE listings of your race in our popular online race directory (www.trailrunnermag.com).
- Active links for all Winter Warrior races listed in our monthly e-blast to runners.
- Digital Trail Runner Winter Warrior logo for use in your promotional materials and website. We will supply a link to the Winter Warrior pages so that your runners know the benefits of being part of the series.
- FREE race listing in Trail Runner magazine until your race date has passed (up to 2 issues).
- Race listings in our October/November/December or January enewsletters.
- Discounted display and classified advertising rates.
- FREE Copies of Trail Runner for racer goody bags.
- Two FREE Trail Runner subscriptions as race prizes.
Trail Runner provides these services for a one-time administrative fee of $150 for races with one distance. If you have more than one distance in your race that you would like included, the fee is $200. The value of this package is $400. If a race director fails to provide results in the agreed upon format, the race will be charged an additional $250 for the support provided by Trail Runner.
Race directors of Winter Warrior Series races can sign up for a special package deal in 2018 that includes their race series fee and a race finder advertisement that can be included in the December 2017 or January 2018 Trail Runner issue. The package price is only $475 – a $75 savings. If you are interested in taking advantage of this great opportunity to expose your race to thousands of runners, click “yes” on the question which mentions the “race director’s package”, and we will set you up with this premium bonus exposure. Contact us for even bigger savings on two race directory advertisements with your Trophy Series sign up.
- Your race must take place off-road and/or on trails. No paved-road, multi-sport or snowshoes races, please. No stage races or adventure races.
- Your race must have at least 50 participants.
- You must submit all results (for all Winter Warrior Series Races) with names and complete addresses (street address, city, state, zip code, country) for all finishers along with their email, age, gender, place and time. As stated above, if a race director fails to submit the full results in the agreed upon format, the race will be charged an additional $250.
For the 2018 Winter Warrior Series logo, click here.