The Future of Trail-Running Gear - Page 6
Trend 5: Natural Foods Continued
In our Winter 2013 Outdoor Retailer gear preview, we mentioned a trend toward more natural ways of fueling—fewer processed foods, more whole ingredients, a wider range of vegan, raw, gluten-free and/or organic energy fuels for athletes.
Here’s a smattering of treats we were excited to see on the tradeshow floor!
- Bonk Breaker: Gluten-free, dairy-free, calorie-loaded (220-260/bar) snacks made primarily of oats, rice nectar, nuts and nut butters, flaxseed, honey and other natural ingredients
- PowerBar Performance Energy Blends: A jargon-y name to describe this awesomely portable, 80-calorie packet of fruit puree
- Fuel100 Electro-Bites: Newly launched last month, gluten-free and soy-free Fuel100 bites are made of potato starch, organic coconut oil and agave syrup. These tiny bites dissolve quickly on the tongue and come in flavors like simply salty, salty vanilla and salty vinegar--a welcome alternative to overly sweet electrolyte replacements.
- Epic Bar: Tasty, soy-free, 200-calorie protein bars made of 100% grass-fed bison, with additional flavors added like the bacon/cranberry combo pictured above.
- KRAVE Turkey Jerky: Another option for the Paleo folks ... all-natural jerky that comes in flavors all across the sweet/spicy spectrum. Pictured above is our favorite--the basil citrus flavored turkey jerky.
- PRO BAR Fuel Superfood Energy Bar: Vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, 160-calorie bar made of fruits, nuts, oats and chia seeds