The Trail Runner Blog Symposium
Note: The TR Blog Symposium has been formally retired! Thanks to everyone who's participated in it over the past two years.
We’re on the lookout for the best and brightest ideas from the worldwide trail-running community, and we want to hear your voice.
Here’s how the Symposium works:
Each month, we’ll announce a topic of conversation for the trail-running community to hash out. You will have a couple weeks to write about the topic on your own blog and email us a link to it. We’ll review all entries, choose our favorite, publish it on trailrunnermag.com (with a link to your blog) and feature it in our Inside Dirt e-newsletter. All blog entries may be considered for print publication as well.
Why a Blog Symposium?
- To provoke thought and spark dialogue in the greater trail-running community about topics we’re all passionate about
- To build a community of runners who love to write
- To diversify the voices and opinions on trailrunnermag.com
- Because we all love to geek out on each other’s tales from the trails
What if I don’t have a blog?
- Create one! Most platforms like WordPress, Blogger and Tumblr offer free, easy-to-learn options. Alternately, you could offer to write a post on a friend’s blog.
What are the rules?
- Length is flexible, but we prefer a post from 500-800 words.
- To be considered, your blog post must include either (1) this badge: (right-click on image to save it for use on your blog), or (2) a link to trailrunnermag.com in your text
- Do not email us content or attachments directly; please only email a link to your blog entry
- Don’t be afraid to be opinionated!
What topics have been discussed in the past?
September 2014: How can trail runners avoid burnout?
April 2014: Is trail running becoming too commercialized?
February 2014: Are tech gadgets more help or hindrance on the trails?
January 2014: Should there be drug testing at trail races?
November 2013: Do trail races do unnecessary harm to the environment?
October 2013: Should kids be allowed to run ultras?