Trail Runners vs. Road Runners - Page 3
• Road marathons might have up to 40,000 runners, start with fireworks and end with bands and balloons; trail races start with, “Ready, Set . . . GO!”
• Road races are meticulously measured and certified; trail runs might be a few miles long, give or take a mile or two.
• Road runners count miles and study average pace; trail runners train by time.
• Both road and trail runners are healthier than the average American couch potato, and enjoy the camaraderie of their fellow runners.
• And finally, both trail runners and road runners like wearing their race T-shirts and gaining bragging rights.